Coal mining and beneficiation
Raw brown or black coal quality is variable according to the seam nature and location and this has a big impact on the washing efficiency. Knowing washed coal quality allows coal suppliers to use it for metallurgical or thermal customers.
There are few proven technologies that can measure conveyed flows to produce representative, continuous analysis over useful time increments for effective quality and process management. We can assist you in the following applications:
- Raw or washed coal quality control – elemental analysis
- Raw or washed coal process and quality control – Ash content and Calorific Value (CV) monitoring
- Raw or washed coal process and quality control – moisture monitoring
- TBM 210 – Through Belt Moisture microwave monitors
- Raw or washed coal process control – Particle size monitoring
- SizeScan – 3D Particle size distribution, oversize and volume monitor
Scantech works closely with clients to discuss the customisation of data measurement frequency, analyser specification and appropriate precisions to suit process control requirements to ensure maximum benefit of measurement data and its smooth integration into plant operations.
"Online measuring methods are indispensable for process control in cement factories."
Joachim Harder OneStone Consulting Group 2011