Fossil and Alternative Fuels (AF) burning / Optimised combustion
Power Stations receive fossil or alternative fuels from various sources and implement measurement systems to:
- Ensure fuels specifications are respected,
- Sort fuels to build stockpiles according to Ash content, Chlorine and Sulphur content, Calorific Value
- Blend fuels according to characteristics to minimise variations and run boilers smoothly…
Many Power Stations sell fly ashes to the construction and cement industries. It is imperative to have an accurate and reliable knowledge of their Carbon content.
There are few proven technologies that can measure conveyed flows to produce representative, continuous analysis over useful time increments for effective quality and process management. We can assist in the following applications:
- Fuels quality control – elemental analysis
- Fuels quality control – Ash content and Calorific Value (CV) monitoring
- Fuels process and quality control – Moisture Monitoring
- TBM 210 – Through Belt Moisture microwave monitors
- Fly ash quality control – Unburnt Carbon monitoring in fly ash
- CIFA 350 – In air duct Carbon content monitor for optimised combustion control
Scantech works closely with clients to discuss the customisation of data measurement frequency, analyser specification and appropriate precisions to suit process control requirements to ensure maximum benefit of measurement data and its smooth integration into plant operations.
"increasing automation will produce more information for improving mine operation"
Marcus Adams, PSI Mines and Roads, Mining Weekly, October 2015