CIFA 350 Carbon in Fly Ash Analyser
The Carbon in Fly Ash Monitor provides significant benefits to coal fired power stations:
- rapid, precise, real-time information
- no need for accurate sampling, weighing or measurement of evolved gases
- independent of coal source or particle size
- non-destructive test
On-line information is a considerable improvement compared to traditional 24 hour sampling followed by laboratory analysis. Real-time results are reported whilst they are still relevant to plant conditions.
This prompt information enables:
- rapid optimisation of mill and excess air settings
- optimisation of the combustion process
- mill performance monitoring
- improved fly ash quality, leading to increased sales to the cement industry
The Carbon in Fly Ash Monitor 350 is the latest in a series. The monitors use a microwave interrogation technique, which relies on different responses of carbon and the other particulate matter in the gas stream to determine the amount of carbon present.
The monitor is designed to connect to an industry standard isokinetic sampler. A sample of fly ash is collected from the flue gas duct and is fed into a sample tube, where the fly ash is vibrated to ensure optimum packing. The sample tube feeds the sample to the analysis zone. Once sufficient sample has been collected, the microwave analysis takes only a few seconds. This method ensures reliable and efficient method of fly ash analysis.
"Modern online analyzers make it possible to permanently control the raw material quality delivered from the quarry to the stockyard even if the deposit is disturbed and the raw material quality varies over a wide range"
H Lieberwirth, Takraf Gmbh, Cement International, 1/2013