SizeScan utilises the latest in 3D camera technology and proprietary imaging algorithms to measure Particle Size Distribution (PSD) of conveyed bulk materials.
PSD analysis of the entire conveyed flow in real time allows tight process control to make decisions that maximise the value of the product and minimise operating and maintenance costs.
Typical applications include:
- Monitoring the feed to a SAG or AG mill (e.g. to ensure sufficient proportion of large particles to assist in grinding)
- Assessing crusher output (e.g. to ensure crushing / screening is working as expected)
- Monitoring the product
- Optimising raw material mix for downstream processing
- Monitoring HPGR feed to ensure fraction sizes are below allowable limits
- The state-of-the-art PSD algorithm is superior to traditional ‘segmentation’ methods that misdiagnose a bed of fines as large particles
- PSD analysis in real time removes the need for sampling
- Direct PSD measurement of conveyed rock and fine particles, including volume flow rate and speed, without the need for additional sensors
- Reliable results for all types of conveyed materials
- Compensates for camera position and vibration, maintaining PSD accuracy at all times
- Adjustable gantry frame simply bolts onto stringers
- Easy once-off calibration process
- Minimal maintenance
- No interference with material flow or belt operation
- Flexible plant interface options
- Can also be integrated with Scantech’s other analysers
SizeScan uses technology developed by COREM in Quebec, Canada.
"Real-time analysis combines the capabilities of online analysers, mechanical sampling systems, and advanced computer technology to allow buyers, sellers or traders to monitor and correct loading or blending, while these activties are in progress"
Evans et al, SGS, World Coal August 2014