Microwaves are transmitted through the process material to the receiver. Measurement of microwave phase shift and attenuation enables determination of moisture content. The technology is not affected by segregation, as the microwaves pass through all the material and measurements are independent of material size and flow rate.
There are a number of features of this analyser that are the same as the TBM210 including:
• Provides accurate moisture analysis of full material thickness
• Compensates for varying flow rates
• Robust frame mounts to existing conveyor structure
• No contact with the conveyor belt or process material
• Rapid “online” results
• Industry standard outputs
• Optional stainless steel frame
• No radioactive source required
In contrast to the TBM210, this analyser is capable of penetrating very high bulk density materials. For example, the TBM 230 can accurately measure bed depths of up to 600 mm.
"... day to day, the operations rely on the Coalscan results"
Elsie Gretton, Boggabri Coal World Coal, Asia 2011