Microwaves are transmitted through the process material to the receiver. Measurement of microwave phase shift and attenuation enables determination of moisture content. The technology is not affected by segregation, as the microwaves pass through all the material and measurements are independent of material size and flow rate.
There are a number of features of this analyser that are the same as the TBM210 including:
• Provides accurate moisture analysis of full material thickness
• Compensates for varying flow rates
• Robust frame mounts to existing conveyor structure
• No contact with the conveyor belt or process material
• Rapid “online” results
• Industry standard outputs
• Optional stainless steel frame
• No radioactive source required
In contrast to the TBM210, this analyser is capable of penetrating very high bulk density materials. For example, the TBM 230 can accurately measure bed depths of up to 600 mm.
"Real-time analysis combines the capabilities of online analysers, mechanical sampling systems, and advanced computer technology to allow buyers, sellers or traders to monitor and correct loading or blending, while these activties are in progress"
Evans et al, SGS, World Coal August 2014