TBM 230 / TBM 240
Scantech’s TBM microwave moisture analysers use proven technology successfully implemented in hundreds of installations in many commodities over decades, continuously refined and improved through successive generations of advancements in hardware and software.
Microwaves are transmitted through the process material to the receiver. The technology is not affected by segregation, as the microwaves pass through all the material and measurements are independent of material size and flow rate.
TBM 230 is the standalone option and TBM 240 is the model used when integrated with other analysers and therefore does not require its own enclosure.
Advantages of the TBM 230 / 240 low frequency microwave systems including:
- Continuous, full material thickness analysis,
- Proven, reliable and short customised calibration process,
- Lower frequencies provide superior performance (over high frequency systems) in certain materials under certain conditions, e.g. deeper beds, higher attenuating materials,
- Adjustable frame to cater for bed depths to 800mm,
- Compensates for varying flow rates,
- Robust frame mounts to conveyor structure, clamp-on frame option avoids drilling,
- No contact with the conveyor belt or process material,
- Stainless steel frame and enclosure options, remote cabinet option.
Case study: Major iron ore companies have assessed moisture analysers on the market and found TBM 230 to be successful in most applications compared to other products that are difficult to calibrate. TBM 230 is being used by most leading iron ore companies.
"Homogeneous fuel is a key parameter for ensuring high levels of efficiency when burning coal"
Norbert Spennrath Kima Echzeitsysteme, World Coal July 2012