Recycling waste materials (to make new materials of same type)
Real time analysis allows active control over conveyed recycled material quality, with timely information on elemental and moisture content to make decisions that optimise process control, maximise the value of the materials and minimise operating costs.
We can assist you in providing real time quality analysis of ingredients and control of process feed variability and also PSD and volume measurement.
- Elemental analysis for quality control
- GEOSCAN-R on-belt elemental analyser for recycling – to measure the elemental (chemical) composition of recycled materials transported by belt conveyors;
- Moisture monitoring
- TBM 280 BaleScan through bale moisture analyser – to measure free moisture content in baled materials or bulk bags on the conveyor belt continuously or in batch mode;
- TBM 210 / TBM 230 through belt moisture analysers – to measure free moisture content in most bulk materials transported by belt conveyors;
- CM 100-R on-belt conductive material moisture analyser – to measure total moisture content in metals and other conductive and/or or ferromagnetic materials transported by belt conveyors;
- TBM 260 through bin moisture analyser – to measure free moisture content in materials discharged from a bin/silo/hopper.
- PSD and volume analysis
- SizeScan on-belt analyser for recycling – to measure the Particle Size Distribution (PSD) and volume of recycled materials transported by belt conveyors; Foreign Object Detection may also be applicable.
Scantech works closely with clients to discuss the customisation of data measurement frequency, analyser specification and appropriate precisions to suit process control requirements to ensure maximum benefit of measurement data and its smooth integration into plant operations.
"A continuous, online analysis is far superior to regular samples taken by a sampling tower and subsequently tested in the laboratory"
Dr Michael Clark ICR March 2012