NATURAL GAMMA 1500
This analyser is an economical on-line ore quality monitoring system which is easily installed directly under production conveyor belts. The system does not contain any nucleonic sources and therefore does not require site to obtain a radiation license for its use.
The analyser uses the natural radiation signature of the material and known correlations with the composition to derive ore quality information.
The major features of the Natural Gamma 1500 include:
- Easy installation and simple operation
- No radiation sources – no requirement for licensing
- Underbelt configuration – suitable for coarse ore and high tonnage applications
- Fully automatic operation – no operator intervention required
- No mechanical moving parts – low maintenance costs
- Automatic electronic stability checks – drift free performance
- No operational upper limit to particle size or conveyed bed depth
- Flexible system interface to suit specific site requirements
- Non contact technique – no high wear components
- Superior total cost of ownership
- Designed for long product lifecycle
""The economic benefit gained from use of the Coalscan on-line ash monitors in most cases results from control of mining and plant operations closer to the required specification ash content. A number of independent studies have estimated the benefits of on-line ash analysis to average more than A$500 000 per year per installed gauge.""
csiropedia.csiro.au March 2011